SunCentral Maroochydore Pty Ltd is wholly-owned by the Council and the company has an independent Board of directors.
The five-member SunCentral Maroochydore Board has a wealth of experience across a range of industries and professional skill-sets including governance, corporate management, property and infrastructure development, commercial investment markets and stakeholder management.
The Board’s objectives are to:
- Promote, facilitate, carry out and control the development, disposal and management of land and other property within the Maroochydore City Centre Priority Development Area (PDA);
- Achieve an appropriate balance between commercial and non-commercial functions and outcomes;
- Ensure the new CBD becomes a high density city centre and identifiable city heart for the wider Sunshine Coast;
- Accommodate public facilities and entertainment that benefit the general community; and
- Achieve excellence and innovation in the management of integrated private/public open space and park areas.